网站首页  汉语字词  英语词汇  考试资料  写作素材  旧版资料

请输入您要查询的考试资料:

 

标题 Apartment Hunting租房子-疯狂英语口语突破对话第3课
内容
    3、apartment hunting租房子
    kim’s note:
    this is a difficult but necessary task if you are going to be in america for a long time.
    (1)hunting for an apartment 找房
    a:come on in, let me show you around. here’s the living room. there are two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
    请进,让我带你们先看看。这是起居室。有两间卧室和两个洗手间。
    b:great! the view from this window is wonderful.
    太棒了!窗外的风景很美。
    a:this is the kitchen.
    这是厨房。
    b:it looks new.
    看起来很新。
    a:yes, we renovated just last year and replaced all the appliances.
    是的,我们去年刚翻修过,而且更换了所有的器具。
    b:just look at all the closet space in the master bedroom!
    看主卧室的壁厨空间多大呀!
    a:well, i’m sure you can fill these closets in no time!
    我相信你很快就会把这些壁柜填满。
    b:oh come on, give me a break. i don’t have that much stuff.
    快别这么说。我哪有那么多东西呀。
    a:and here’s a bathroom.
    这是洗手间。
    b:what did you say the rent was?
    你刚才说的房租是多少?
    a;fifteen hundred dollars a month.
    一个月1500美元。
    b:does that include utilities?
    包水电费吗?
    a:it includes heat, gas, and hot water. electricity and telephone are extra.
    包暖气、煤气和热水。电和电话费另付。
    b:when will the apartment be available?
    什么时候可以搬进来?
    a:on the first of the month.
    月初。
    b:we like it a lot, but we’ll have to think about it. can we call you tomorrow?
    我们很喜欢这套房子,但还得考虑一下。明天给你打电话好吗?
    a:sure. but don’t wait too long. i have other people who are interested in renting this place.
    当然行了。但是别拖得太久。还有其他人看上了这房子。
    (2)renting an apartment 租房
    a:hello, mr. jackson, this is jim johnson. i’m calling about the apartment we looked at yesterday. we’d like to take it, if it’s still available.
    喂,杰克逊先生,我是吉姆•约翰逊。我打电话想跟你谈谈昨天我们看过的那套房子。如果还空着的话,我们想租下来。
    b:great! 那太好了!
    a:so, what’s the next step?
    那下一步做什么呢?
    b:i’ll draw up a lease and send it to you. what i’ll need from you is one month’s rent as a security deposit, and the first month’s rent in advance.
    我会把租约写好给你寄去。你要给我一个月的房租做保证金。另外预付第一个月的房租。
    a:i’ll get the deposit back, won’t i?
    保证金以后会退还给我对吗?
    b:of course, as long as the place is not damaged beyond the usual wear and tear when you move out.
    当然了,只要你搬走时房间里除正常磨损以外没有别的损坏就行。
    a:great! can i send you a check?
    太好了!可以给你支票吗?
    b:sure, a check will be fine. just send it along with the lease after you’ve signed it.
    当然,支票可以。你在租约上签字后把支票一块寄来就行了。
    a:thanks!
    谢谢。
    额外成就感
    租房用语
    lease 租约
    * you should read the lease carefully before you sign it.
    你在租约上签字之前要先仔细阅读。
    * could i have the lease translated before i sign it?
    在我签租约之前能不能让人先把它翻译一下?
    * i want to have a lawyer look over this lease.
    我要找个律师过目一下这份租约。
    landlord 房东
    * i have a really nice landlord.
    我的房东人很不错。
    * i’ve been trying to get a hold of my landlord for a week.
    这个星期以来我一直在试着跟我的房东取得联系。
    storage space 储藏室,储藏东西的地方
    * i’m looking for an apartment with a lot of storage space.
    我在找一个有很大储藏室的房子。
    * is there storage space in the building where i can keep my bike?
    这栋楼里有没有地方可以放我的自行车?
    laundry room 洗衣店
    * does this building have a laundry room?
    这楼里有没有洗衣房?
    * i forgot my wallet in the laundry room. i have to go back and get it.
    我把钱包忘在洗衣房了。我得回去取。
    wear and tear 磨损
    * don’t worry about it. a little wear and tear is to be expected.
    别担心,一点点的磨损是免不了的。
    * this is a sturdy model. it can take a lot of wear and tear.
    这个模型很坚固,经得起磨损。
随便看

 

在线学习网考试资料包含高考、自考、专升本考试、人事考试、公务员考试、大学生村官考试、特岗教师招聘考试、事业单位招聘考试、企业人才招聘、银行招聘、教师招聘、农村信用社招聘、各类资格证书考试等各类考试资料。

 

Copyright © 2002-2024 cuapp.net All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2025/5/21 2:02:32