网站首页  汉语字词  英语词汇  考试资料  写作素材  旧版资料

请输入您要查询的考试资料:

 

标题 生活大爆炸英语话剧:The Hamburger Postulate
内容
    -Sheldon: All right! I’m moving my infantry division.
    好吧,我要调动我的步兵师。
    -Sheldon: Augmented by battalion of orcs from land of the rings.
    从指环王里的兽人营加过来的。
    -Sheldon: We flank the Tennessee volunteers.
    -Sheldon: And the north, once again, wins the Battle of Gettysburg.
    -Howard: Not so fast!
    没那么快!
    -Howard: Remember, the south still has two infantry divisions.
    别忘了,南方还有两个步兵师。
    -Howard: Plus superman and Godzilla.
    Godzilla:【哥斯拉,日本卡通和电影的怪物名称】
    再加上超人和哥斯拉。
    -Leonard: No, orcs are magic. Superman is vulnerable to magic.
    magic:魔法,魔术 vulnerable:易受伤害的,有弱点的,【这里指无能为力】
    不,兽人会魔法,超人对魔法无能为力。
    -Leonard: Not to mention you already lost Godzilla to the Illinois Cavalry and Hulk.
    mention:提到,谈到 the Illinois Cavalry:【伊利诺伊骑兵】Hulk:废船,笨重之人或物【指美国电影《绿巨人》中的人物】
    更别提哥斯拉早已被伊利诺伊骑兵和绿巨人消灭。
    -Rajesh: Why don't you just have Robert E. Lee charge the line with Shiva and Ganesh?
    Robert E. Lee:【罗伯特?李将军, 美国南北战争南军统帅】
    charge:管理【这里指统领】 line:线【这里指战线】
    Shiva: 【湿婆,印度教三大主神之一】 Ganesh: 【象头神, 湿婆神的大儿子】
    为什么不让罗伯特?李将军还有湿婆和格涅沙来统领这一战线?
    -Penny: You guys ready to order?
    guy:(男)人,家伙 order: 订单,命令
    可以点餐了吗?
    -Howard: Hang on, honey.
    hang on: vt. 坚持下去(缠住不放,系于,取决于)
    稍等,宝贝。
    -Howard: Shiva and Ganesh?
    湿婆和格涅沙?
    -Howard: The Hindu gods, against the entire union army?
    Hindu:印度人(的) god:神 entire:全部的,整个的 union army:【联军】
    印度教之神? 对抗整个北部联军?
    -Leonard: And orcs.
    orc:【兽人】
    还有半兽人。
    -Penny: I'll be back.
    我稍候再来。
    -Rajesh: Excuse me.
    不好意思。
    -Rajesh: Ganesh is the remover of obstacles and Shiva is the destroyer.
    remover:移转者【这里是清除,扫除的意思】 obstacle:障碍destroyer:阻止者【这里有毁灭者的意思】
    Ganesh擅长清除障碍,湿婆是毁灭之神。
    -Rajesh: When the smoke clears, Abraham Lincoln will be speaking Hindi and drinking mint juleps.
    clear:放晴, 澄清【这里指的是硝烟的散尽】 Abraham Lincoln:亚伯拉罕?林肯【美国第16任总统】mint:薄荷 julep:冰镇薄荷酒
    当硝烟散尽,林肯将会说印第语,喝南方的薄荷饮料。
    -Penny: All right, my boss says you have to either order or leave and never come back.
    我老板说你们要么点餐,要么永远给他滚蛋。
    -Howard: What do you recommend for someone who worked up a man-sized appetite from a morning of weight training and cardio funk?
    recommend:推荐 man-sized: adj. 宜于成年男人的, 大型的, 困难的【这里指大型的】 appetite:胃口 weight training:举重锻炼 cardio funk:【有氧锻炼】
    对于做了一早上的举重和有氧锻炼,大胃口的我有什么推荐菜式?
    -Penny: A shower.
    shower: n. 阵雨,淋浴; v. 淋浴,淋湿,下骤雨
    洗澡。
    -Howard: I'll take the Heart Smart platter.
    Heart Smart platter:【奶酪拼盘】
    我要个奶酪拼盘。
    -Penny: All right, thank you, and Sheldon?
    好,谢谢你,Sheldon呢?
    -Sheldon: We don't eat here.
    我们没在这里吃过。
    -Sheldon: I don't know what's good.
    不知道什么好吃。
    -Penny: Well, it's all good.
    都很好吃。
    -Sheldon: Statistically unlikely.
    statistically:统计地(统计上地,统计学地) unlikely:不大可能发生的
    概率上不太可能。
    -Leonard: Just get a hamburger.
    hamburger: 汉堡
    就点一个汉堡。
    -Leonard: You like hamburgers.
    你喜欢汉堡。
    -Sheldon: I like the hamburgers where we usually have hamburgers.
    我喜欢我们常去的那家汉堡店的汉堡。
    -Sheldon: You can't make the assumption that I'll like the hamburgers here.
    make the assumption:作个假设 assumption: n. 假定,设想
    不能假定我也喜欢这里的汉堡。
    -Leonard: I'm sorry.
    对不起。
    -Leonard: Give him a hamburger.
    给他一个汉堡。
    -Penny: All right, which one?
    好吧,哪种?
    -Penny: The Classic Burger, the Ranch House Burger, the Barbecue Burger, or the Kobe Burger?
    classic:经典的 Burger : 汉堡包【同hamburger】 ranch:牧场 barbecue:烤肉
    经典汉堡,农家汉堡,烧烤汉堡还是柯比汉堡?
    -Sheldon: Can't we just go to Big Boy?
    能不能去大胖汉堡店?
    -Sheldon: They only have one burger... the Big Boy.
    大胖汉堡只有一种汉堡。
    -Penny: Well, the Barbecue Burger is like the Big Boy.
    烧烤汉堡跟大胖汉堡挺像的。
    -Sheldon: Excuse me, in a world that already includes a Big Boy, why would I settle for something like a Big Boy?
    include:包括 settle for:对...感到满足(满足于) settle : n. 有背的长凳; v. 安放,安顿,定居,解决
    对不起,既然世上已经有大胖汉堡,为什么我们要满足于像大胖汉堡呢?
    -Penny: Because you're not at Big Boy!
    因为你不在大胖汉堡店!
    -Sheldon: Fine, I'll have the Barbecue Burger.
    好吧那我要烧烤汉堡。
    -Leonard: Make it two.
    make it two: 来两份
    我也要这个。
    -Sheldon: Waitresses don't yell at you at Big Boy.
    waitress: n. 女侍者,女服务员 yell at:对...吼叫
    大胖汉堡店的侍应从不高声训我。
    -Leslie: Hey, Leonard. Hi, guys.
    嘿,Leonard,你们好。
    -Men: Hey.
    你好。
    -Leonard: Hi, Leslie.
    你好,Leslie。
    -Leslie: I didn't know you ate here.
    不知道你们会来这里吃饭。
    -Sheldon: We don't.
    确实不会。
    -Sheldon: This is a disturbing aberration.
    disturbing: 烦扰的 aberration:越轨【这里是例外的意思】
    这次是烦扰的例外。
    -Leonard: Leslie, this is Penny.
    Leslie,她是Penny。
    -Leonard: She lives across the hall from Sheldon and me.
    live across:【住在对面】 hall: n. 大厅,礼堂
    她住在我和Sheldon的对面。
    -Howard: And walks in quiet beauty like the night.
    beauty: n. 美,美丽,美人,美的东西
    她走在美的光彩中,像夜晚 (诗人拜伦的名句)。
    -Penny: Howard, I've asked you not to do that.
    Howard,我已经说了别这样.
    -Leonard: Leslie and I do research together at the university.
    do research : 做研究 research:调查,研究 university: 大学【此处用作“实验室”】
    Leslie和我在同个实验室做研究。
    -Penny: Oh, wow, a girl scientist.
    scientist: 科学家
    哇,女科学家。
    -Leslie: Yep, come for the breasts, stay for the brains.
    breast:胸脯,乳房 brain: 脑(子)
    没错,勾人靠胸,留人靠脑。
    -Leslie: So, I'm glad I ran into you.
    run into:偶然遇见
    碰见你太好了。
    -Leslie: The Physics Department string quartet needs a new cellist.
    physics:物理学 department:部,部门,系 string quartet: 【弦乐四重奏】 cellist:大提琴演奏家
    物理系弦乐四重奏还缺一个大提琴。
    -Leonard: What happened to Elliot Wong?
    happen to:发生(碰巧,正巧,偶然)
    Elliot Wong怎么啦?
    -Leslie: He switched over to high-energy radiation research
    switch:转 high-energy:高能的 radiation:辐射
    他调到高能辐射课题组了。
    -Leslie: Had a little mishap, and now the other guys are uncomfortable sitting next to him.
    mishap:不幸之事,灾祸,恶运 uncomfortable:不舒服的,不自在的
    发生一些小意外,其他团员怕坐他身边被辐射。
    -Leslie: So are you in?
    in: 【这里用作包括,比如:Count me in.】
    你来不来?
    -Leonard: Yeah, sure, why not?
    当然来。
    -Leslie: Great, we rehearse on Tuesdays at your place.
    rehearse:预演,排演,预先演习
    太好了,周二去你那里彩排。
    -Sheldon: Why at my place?
    为什么去我那里?
    -Leslie: Yeah, Department of Energy said our regular space is kind of a hot zone.
    regular:有规律的,有规则的 hot zone:【危险区】
    能源部说我们原来排练的地方现在是危险区。
    -Leslie: Nice meeting you.
    很高兴见到你。
    -Penny: Yeah, you, too.
    我也是。
    -Penny: Leonard, I didn't know you played the cello.
    cello: 大提琴
    Leonard,不知道你会拉大提琴。
    -Leonard: Yeah, my parents felt that naming me Leonard and putting me in Advanced Placement classes wasn't getting me beaten up enough.
    Advanced Placement classes : 跨级班 advanced:高级的,先进的 placement:方位(位置,堆放) beaten up : adj. 年久失修的(残破的);v. 暴打【这里戏称被别人暴打】 beat:打, 打败
    是啊,我父母觉得给我取名Leonard,让我上天才班,还不够招人恨的。
    -Howard: If you're into music, I happen to be a human beat box.
    into : 喜欢 happen to be : 碰巧是,刚好 human beat box:【口技】
    你喜欢音乐吗? 我会学口技。
    -Penny: Really?
    真的?
    -Penny: I'm actually not that into music.
    其实我不是太喜欢音乐。
    -Penny: So, hey, your friend's really cute. Anything going on with you two?
    cute:可爱的,聪明的,俐伶的
    你那个朋友不错,你们俩是不是有点情况?
    -Leonard: Leslie?
    Leslie?
    -Leonard: No, no.
    没有。
    -Leonard: What, are you kidding? He asked her out once.
    kid:开玩笑 ask…out:邀请外出
    怎么可能? 他约过她一次
    -Sheldon: It was an embarrassing failure.
    embarrassing:令人为难的(麻烦的) failure: 失败
    尴尬地失败了。
    -Leonard: Thank you, Sheldon.
    多谢,Sheldon。
    -Sheldon: Oh, I'm sorry.
    噢,对不起。
    -Sheldon: Was that supposed to be a secret?
    be supposed to:应该(据说,被期望,获准) secret:秘密
    这个需要保密吗?
    -Penny: Aw, that's too bad.
    哦,太可惜了。
    -Penny: You guys would make a cute couple.
    couple:对,夫妇
    你们本可以做一对甜蜜情侣。
    -Rajesh: Oh, dear.
    我的天。
    -Howard: What's the matter?
    怎么了?
    -Rajesh: She didn't take my order.
    她没问我点什么。
    -Howard: How can she take your order?
    她怎么问你?
    -Howard: when you're too neurotic to talk to her?
    neurotic:神经病的,神经过敏的
    你紧张得连话都不会说。
    -Rajesh: Nevertheless, this will be reflected in her tip.
    nevertheless:然而,不过 reflect:反映,归咎 tip:小费
    尽管如此,这将反映在她的小费上。
    -Sheldon: What did Penny mean, "You would make a cute couple?"
    Penny说"你们本可以做一对甜蜜情侣" 什么意思?
    -Leonard: Well, I assume she meant the two of you together would constitute a couple that others might consider cute.
    assume:假定,设想,承担 constitute:构成,组成,任命 consider:考虑,思考,认为
    我想她的意思是,你们两个在一起可以组成情侣,并且令其他人觉得你们甜蜜。
    -Sheldon: An alternate and somewhat less likely interpretation is that you could manufacture one.
    alternate:交替的,轮流的【另一个】 somewhat:多少,几分 less likely: 不太可能 likely:很可能 interpretation:解释,演出,翻译 manufacture:制造
    另一个不太可能的解释是你们可以制造一对情侣。
    -Sheldon: As in, "Oh, look, Leonard and Leslie made Mr. and Mrs. Goldfarb. Aren't they adorable?"
    as in : 如…中所述 adorable:可爱的
    例如,"快看 Leonard和Leslie所生的 Goldfarb夫妻,是不是很可爱?"
    -Leonard: If Penny didn't know that Leslie had turned me down,
    turn down:拒绝
    如果Penny不知道Leslie拒绝过我,
    then it would unambiguously mean that she, Penny, thought I should ask her,
    unambiguously:明显的 ask…out:邀请外出
    那么这一句的所指将十分清晰即她(Penny)认为我应该追她(Leslie)。
    Leslie, out indicating that she, Penny, had no interest in me asking her, Penny, out.
    indicate:指明,表明
    表明她(Penny)对于我,追求她(Penny)并无兴趣。
    But, because she did know that I had asked Leslie out
    但由于她知道我追过Leslie
    and that she, Leslie, had turned me down, then she, Penny, could be offering consolation.
    offer: 企图 consolation: 安慰
    并且她(Leslie)已经拒绝我,那么她(Penny)可能只是安慰我。
    "That's too bad, you would have made a cute couple..."
    "真可惜,你们本来可以做一对甜蜜情侣..."
    But while thinking:" Good, Leonard remains available."
    remain:依然 available:【单身】
    并且暗想,很好,Leonard还是单身。
    -Sheldon: You're a lucky man, Leonard.
    lucky: 幸运
    你很幸运,Leonard。
    -Leonard: How so?
    how so:怎么会…【口语中很实用的短语】
    怎么说?
    -Sheldon: You're talking to one of the three men in the western hemisphere capable of following that train of thought.
    hemisphere:半球 capable:有能力的 train of thought:思路
    听你说话的人是西半球仅有的三个能跟得上你思维的人之一。
    -Leonard: Well, what do you think?
    what do you think: 英语的常用语,询问另一个人的看法,也可用“How do you like”
    那么,你怎么看?
    -Sheldon: I said I could follow it. I didn't say I care.
    我只是说我能跟上,不代表我有兴趣。
    -Leslie: I admire your fingering.
    admire:赞赏 fingering:用指摸弄,抚弄,捻弄【指法】
    我很欣赏你的指法。
    -Leonard: Thank you.
    谢谢。
    -Leslie: Maybe sometime you can try that on my instrument.
    Instrument:乐器
    也许你可以在我的"乐器"上演练一下。
    -Leslie: Good night, guys. Good job.
    晚安兄弟。练得不错。
    -Man: Thanks.
    谢谢。
    -Leslie: See you next week.
    下周见。
    -Leonard: That was fun, Leslie. Thanks for including me.
    include: v. 包括,包含,连...在内
    挺好玩的,Leslie,多谢你叫上我。
    -Leslie: You're welcome.
    不客气。
    -Leslie: If you're up for it, we could practice that middle section again.
    be up for: vt. 在被提名(在法庭受审,被关押,打算) practice:练习 section: n. 部分,章节,部门,路段;断面,剖面,截面;v. 划分 [同]divide
    如果你有兴趣,我们可以练一下中间部分。
    -Leonard: Sure, why not?
    why not:为什么不?【当同意一个人的提议的时候,常这么表达】
    当然好。
    -Leslie: Just so we're clear, you understand that me hanging back to practice with you
    hang back:犹豫
    说说清楚比较好,你知不知道我留下来陪你加练。
    is a pretext for letting you know that I'm sexually available.
    pretext:借口 sexually:性别地, 两性之间地 available: a. 可用的,有效的
    是一个铺垫,为了让你知道我是潜在性对象。
    -Leonard: Really?
    真的?
    -Leslie: Yeah, I'm good to go.
    是的,我随时可以。
    -Leonard: I thought you weren't interested in me.
    我以为你对我没兴趣。
    -Leslie: That was before I saw you handling that beautiful piece of wood between your
    legs.
    handle:操作
    那是在看到你摆弄两腿之间那块优雅的木头之前。
    -Leonard: You mean my cello?
    cello: 大提琴
    你是指大提琴?
    -Leslie: No, I mean the obvious, crude, double entendre.
    obvious:明显的 crude:粗鲁的 double entendre:双关语
    不,那是一个明显下流的双关。
    -Leslie: I'm seducing you.
    seduce:引诱
    我在勾引你。
    -Leonard: No kidding.
    不是吧。
    -Leslie: What can I say? I'm a passionate and impulsive woman.
    passionate:热情的 impulsive:冲动的
    怎么说呢?我是有激情的冲动型女人。
    -Leslie: So how about it?
    你说呢?
    -Leonard: Gee. Uh...
    这个,呃...
    -Leslie: Is it the waitress?
    waitress: n. 女侍者,女服务员 (男服务员为waiter)
    因为那个侍应生?
    -Leonard: Penny? What about her?
    Penny? 她怎么了?
    -Leslie: I thought I saw your pupils dilate when you looked at her.
    pupil:瞳孔 dilate:扩大
    你看她的时候瞳孔放大。
    -Leslie: Which, unless you’re a heroin addict, points to sexual attraction?
    heroin:海洛因 addict:上瘾者 points to:指出 sexual:性的 attraction:吸引力
    这表明有性吸引力,除非是海洛因成瘾反应。
    -Leonard: Well, I did have a poppy seed bagel for breakfast.
    poppy: 罂粟 seed:种子 bagel:百吉饼
    我早餐吃了一个含罂粟籽的百吉饼。
随便看

 

在线学习网考试资料包含高考、自考、专升本考试、人事考试、公务员考试、大学生村官考试、特岗教师招聘考试、事业单位招聘考试、企业人才招聘、银行招聘、教师招聘、农村信用社招聘、各类资格证书考试等各类考试资料。

 

Copyright © 2002-2024 cuapp.net All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2025/5/17 4:10:49