(1)表示主语现在所处的状态及所具备的特征、性格、能力等。 Eg:They are both tired and hungry.
常用时间状语：always often sometimes now and then every day
Eg:The earth moves around the sun.
Eg:If it doesn’t rain tomorrow,we will go climbing.
Eg:Here comes the bus!
1. Instead of spending your vacation on a bus, ... you may want to try
hiking. Instead和instead 0f的用法
2. Say "Hi" / "Hello" / "Thanks" to sb. (for me) 问候的句型
3. Is anybody seeing you off? 进行时表将来
4. She struggled and struggled, and could not get on her feet. (= keep
5. You should not go rafting unless you know... unless引导条件状语从句，相当于if...
6. By staying at..., tourists can help the villagers make money so that
they can take care of the fiver and the birds. 目的状语从句
7. She was so surprised that she couldn't move. 结果状语从句
8. Tree after tree went down, cut down by water. 过去分词作状语
9. The next moment, the first wave swept her down, swallowing the garden.
10. However, before she could think twice, the water was upon her. It
didn't take long before the building was destroyed. before的用法
Ⅰ.Hot words and hot phrases常用词与常用词组
1.Medical studies show that AIDS virus cannot be transmitted via the
following routes：cups，glasses，toilet seats，swimming pools，mosquitoes，other
insects or blood donation.(P.49)
2.AIDS is a disease that breaks down the body's immune system and leaves a
person defenceless against infections and illness.(P.51)
3.People get AIDS after having been infected with the HIV virus.(P.51)
4.People transmit HIV by having unprotected sex，by receiving infected blood
transfusions or，as in Xiaohua's case，through birth.(P.51)
5.Xiaohua's mother contracted the HIV virus when she was 28，and she died of
AIDS only three years after Xiaohua was born.(P.51)
6.The disease is spreading faster in Africa and parts of Asia，mainly
because of a lack of proper health care，prevention and education.(P.51)
7.The drugs that are available are much too expensive and difficult to
8....but she does not let that knowledge discourage her.(P.51)
9.She also goes to visit other AIDS patients in hospitals across the
country to support them and cheer them up.(P.51)
10.The disease is not the only thing that AIDS patients have to suffer
11....that can persuade hospitals and companies to allocate more funds for
AIDS research and education.(P.52)
12.Xiaohua has learnt to live with HIV and the fact she will eventually get
13.Two years ago，Dr Richards had asked me a great many questions and had
taken samples of my blood.(P.55)
14.Mum held my hand and I saw that she was weeping.(P.55)
15.Cancer is a disease that begins in cells.(P.55)
16.In my body，the production of cells is disrupted.(P.55)
17.Doctors do know that cancer is not caused by injury and is not
contagious—it does not spread from one person to another.(P.55)
18.The cancer in my body has been defeated for the moment.(P.55)
19.Living with cancer has made me realize how precious life is and how
important it is for us to take every chance to live life to the
20.Every day is a new opportunity and I have learnt to appreciate every
minute of each day.